can not compile check_nt on Solaris 9

Ralf Wurzinger ralf.wurzinger at materna.fr
Wed Jan 8 18:34:43 CET 2003

Hello,

I have a problem compiling check_nt plugin on a Solaris 9 box using gcc 3.2.
I have installed nagios-plugins-200211131100 with success and can get
them working, however copying check_nt.c to the plugin directory and
following the proposition posted on this mailing list by Subhendu Ghosh
on 2002-11-15 failed:

  gcc -g -O2 -I/path/to/nagiosplug/plugins -L/path/to/nagiosplug/plugins
-c check_nt.c

This creates the object file.

But then

  gcc -g -O2 -I/path/to/nagiosplug/plugins -L/path/to/nagiosplug/plugins
  -o check_nt utils.o -lutils

gives:

ld: fatal: library -lutils: not found

There is a utils.o file in the directory which was created during the
plugin compilation.

Anybody knows the right gcc command line?

Thank's a lot!

Ralf