SEC: UNCLASS: host with multiple addresses

Hand, Nathan Nathan.Hand at defence.gov.au
Wed Jan 8 06:42:57 CET 2003

I have a multi-homed host (multiple physical interfaces). The same services
are running on each interface and I'd like to be notified if any interface
fails. I can do this by creating multiple host entries (and I am doing it
this way right now).

	define host {
		host_name	myhost-eth0
		address		192.168.1.1
	}

	define host {
		host_name	myhost-eth1
		address		192.168.2.1
	}

But what I'd really like to do is something like this

	define host {
		host_name	myhost
		address		192.168.1.1, 192.168.2.1
	}

Unfortunately this doesn't seem to work. I've also tried

	define host {
		host_name	myhost
		address		192.168.1.1
		address		192.168.2.1
	}

But as near as I can tell the second address overrides the first address.

I couldn't find an answer in the FAQ, mailing list archive, or online
documentation. Is there a better way of doing what I want to do?