Fw: Re: Multiple templates in a service definition?

Thinlayer groups at thinlayer.co.uk
Wed Jan 8 01:58:09 CET 2003

> I forgot the list, duhhh.
damn you - would have saved me typing my tuppeny bits worth :)
here's some more anyway (edited to avoid gratuitous repition)

> I do something similar, but it's a slightly different mind set
>
> template A
>
> template B, uses A
>
> service X, uses template B
>
> Same behavior, different method.  I don't know if your way even works....
AFAIK you can't use more than one other than via inheritance as Donavan
says but remember not to register your templates and also that the
templates cannot be used as services.

You can of course take it further if you require different types of say
ping buy making your generic-ping a service.
This means you'll need to define:

generic-service		: top level template
generic-ping	 	: uses generic-service - also a template

some-special-ping	: uses generic-ping - actual service
other-special-ping	: uses generic-ping - actual service
etc.

hope this helps too
rue