Anyone monitor a 3ware raid adapter?

Gerald Wichmann gwichman at zantaz.com
Wed Jan 8 00:53:03 CET 2003

Been reading 3ware's documentation and it's not entirely clear to me what
the best way is to monitor for warnings and errors. They have a neat web
page tool that you can connect directly to the box and see the status of
things. But that's fairly useless in integrating it with nagios. They do let
you configure it to email an account if there's an error or problem. So that
seems like one potential method. Setup a 3ware admin account and if it ever
gets any email, throw up a critical notification to nagios. Might be tricky
since I don't know what these emails look like as far as parsing them for
some appropriate output to pass to nagios and differentiating a warning from
an error.

Lastly theres an extended log file which I believe only gets created or
appended to when there is an error of some sort. I could monitor to see if
that file ever appears, and if it does just cat whatever is in it as output,
and throw a critical.. again problem being I've never seen whats in one..

Anyone monitoring 3ware adapters for errors/warnings using nagios? I'd love
to know how you're doing it and perhaps get code from you..

Gerald Wichmann
Senior Systems Development Engineer
Zantaz, Inc.
925.598.3099 (w)

This e-mail has been captured and archived by the ZANTAZ Digital Safe(tm)
service.  For more information, visit us at www.zantaz.com.
IMPORTANT: This electronic mail message is intended only for the use of the
that is privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable
law.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the
employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended
copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received
this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by
telephone or directly reply to the original message(s) sent.  Thank you.