Stumper? bug? nsca daemon & ext. cmd. file -- not a permission issue?

Marc Powell mpowell at ena.com
Tue Jan 7 16:22:07 CET 2003

I don't know if it's just a display issue or not but this line caught my
eye:

Jan  7 08:27:38 XXXX nsca[8827]: Command file
'/usr/local/nagios/var/rw/nagios.cmd '

Note the '<space>' after nagios.cmd. Just seems kind of odd to me that
that would be there. Other than that, does nsca run out of (x)inetd or
as a daemon? For our sake could you do the following and resend to the
list?

ls -la /usr/local/nagios/var/rw
ps -efwww | grep nsca

Thanks,