NRPE Problems on FreeBSD/OpenBSD

Jeff Bilder JBilder at netrixllc.com
Tue Jan 7 02:48:52 CET 2003

Hello,

I am having a problem running certain commands using nrpe.  I have nagios running on FreeBSD 4.7 and its checking commands on an OpenBSD machine.  I seem to be experiencing the problems below:

[root at nagios libexec]# ./check_nrpe -H <ip_address> -p 5666 -c check_total_procs
Unable to read output

[root at nagios libexec]# ./check_nrpe -H <ip_address> -p 5666 -c check_zombie_procs
Unable to read output

the following are being run on both the OpenBSD and FreeBSD machines:

FREEBSD 4.7
-------
 Device                Mountpoint      FStype  Options         Dump    Pass#
/dev/ad0s1b             none            swap    sw              0       0
/dev/ad0s1a             /                   ufs       rw              1       1
/dev/ad0s1f             /tmp             ufs       rw              2       2
/dev/ad0s1g             /usr             ufs       rw              2       2
/dev/ad0s1e             /var             ufs       rw              2       2

[root at nagios libexec]# ./check_disk 80 90 /dev/ad0s1a
Disk "/dev/ad0s1a" not mounted or nonexistant

[root at nagios libexec]# ./check_disk 80 90 /dev/ad0s1f
Disk "/dev/ad0s1f" not mounted or nonexistant
---------

OPENBSD 3.0
---------

/dev/wd0a / ffs rw 1 1

[root at home libexec]# ./check_disk 80 90 /dev/wd0a
Disk "/dev/wd0a" not mounted or nonexistant

They certainly seem mounted, has anyone run into this before?

Thanks!

Jeffry Bilder
Network Engineer
Netrix LLC