Newbie question

Thinlayer groups at thinlayer.co.uk
Mon Jan 6 21:36:15 CET 2003

I would say RTFM but am feeling generous tonight ;)

> first.:
> 	i have a problem with 3-D status map. when i click
> 	on it, mozilla beginn a download. But all other
> 	links a working.

You will need a VRML pligin for your browser. It's dificult to recommend
one without knowing your OS but it tends to come down to personal
preference anyway. Check the docs for some links to resources:
http://www.nagios.org/faqs/viewfaq.php?faq_id=51&expand=false&showdesc=t

> second.:
> 	i have on rootserver ond three childserver, how have
>   	i to change the cfgs that i can see it on my
> 	statusmap.
>

> 			root
> 			/ | \
> 		       /  |  \
> 		      /   |   \
> 		child1  child2  child3
>
> 	i have use hostdependency but i can see anything in
> 	statusmap ;(

You need to use 'parents' for this in your host configuration file thus:

<snip>
	host_name	child1
	parents		root
</snip>

this describes the network parent(s) of the host. N uses also these to
establish availability, again see docs for more info but basically if in
this situation if N thinks 'root' is down then it won't complain so
heartily about child[1-3] servers.

have fun!

rue