notifications_enabled

Bill Gibbs bgibbs at edurotech.com
Sun Jan 5 22:10:42 CET 2003

I have a hosts.cfg file copied from the sample config.

notifications_enabled is set to 1.

I have a few hosts, where Iset notifications_enabled to 0 - and when I click
"host detail" I see a little icon of a bullhorn with an X over it.

However, I want to reenable notifications for that host.  I removed that
line, restarted nagios (/etc/init.d/nagios restart) but the icon still
appears.  When I click the name of the host, it says "Host notifications:
DISABLED".  I even tried to say notifications_enabled 1 specific in that
config block yet there is no change.

Nagios version: 1.0 from 11/24/2002

Template:

define host{
    name                generic-host    ; The name of this host template -
referenced in other host definitions, used for template r
ecursion/resolution
    notifications_enabled       1   ; Host notifications are enabled
    event_handler_enabled       1   ; Host event handler is enabled
    flap_detection_enabled      1   ; Flap detection is enabled
    process_perf_data       1   ; Process performance data
    retain_status_information   1   ; Retain status information across
program restarts
    retain_nonstatus_information    1   ; Retain non-status information
across program restarts

    register            0   ; DONT REGISTER THIS DEFINITION - ITS NOT A REAL
HOST, JUST A TEMPLATE!
    notification_interval   0 ; send only one notification
    notification_period 24x7 ; do it 24 hours a day 7 days a week
    notification_options    d,u,r ; send notification on down, unreachable
and recovery
    check_command   check-host-alive
    max_check_attempts   10
    }

Example host:

define host{
    use    generic-host
    host_name   somehost
    alias   Some Alias
    address x.x.x.x
    parents someparent
    notifications_enabled   0
    }

I remove notifications_enabled and there is no change in the GUI output - it
still apparently thinks notifications are disabled.

Bill "Elvis" Gibbs
Eduro Technologies, Inc.
main 240-529-2000 | fax 301-662-9552 | cell 301-748-5418