mysql, ftp, pop3, imap

Christensen Tom paveraware at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 5 00:52:35 CET 2003

I am having trouble getting nagios to report problems with these services,
mysql, ftp, pop3, imap,
3 of the 4 have something related being that they are run from tcp wrappers
on the hosts I'm trying to monitor, but mysql doesn't fit that bill so I am
kinda at a loss, in the service detail all of these services list "(no
output!)" in the status information, and if I turn the services off it never
reports a problem.  Any ideas? I've read through the documentation, and saw
the special things you have to do to get reports on tcp wrapped services,
(although with xinetd off, any attempt to connect to the ports is refused,
and I would think nagios could pick that up without jumping through all
those hoops).  I also am monitoring a win2k server running IMAP, and imap on
this server never reports errors either, even though I don't think win2k has
any sort of service like tcp wrappers... so its probably some simple
configuration issue I overlooked.. let me know.
Tom