notification and log problems

pjah at hicom.net pjah at hicom.net
Sat Jan 4 19:11:00 CET 2003

Hi,

I just recently installed nagios on a FreeBSD 4.7 machine and am
having problems with logging notifications and alerts.

It looks like when I send a text-page via email, the page works OK, but I dont see it being logged anywhere, nor do I see the original alert being logged.  I DO see the nagios daemon starting/stopping/restarting being logged in the event log. My nagios.cfg "notification" options for both host and services are set to "1".

Could someone please suggest what other items to check..

TIA
Juergen