nagios isn't running well

Eric Hill eric at spins.com
Fri Jan 3 22:53:19 CET 2003

Ah, I hadn't checked this, but I really wouldn't know what to check for
anyway.

-eric

# Generic service definition template
define service{
        ; The 'name' of this service template, referenced in other service
definitions
        name                            generic-service
        active_checks_enabled           1       ; Active service checks are
enabled
        passive_checks_enabled          1       ; Passive service checks are
enabled/accepted
        parallelize_check               1       ; Active service checks
should be parallelized
							; (disabling this
can lead to major performance problems)
        obsess_over_service             1       ; We should obsess over this
service (if necessary)
        check_freshness                 0       ; Default is to NOT check
service 'freshness'
        notifications_enabled           1       ; Service notifications are
enabled
        event_handler_enabled           1       ; Service event handler is
enabled
        flap_detection_enabled          1       ; Flap detection is enabled
        process_perf_data               1       ; Process performance data
        retain_status_information       1       ; Retain status information
across program restarts
        retain_nonstatus_information    1       ; Retain non-status
information across program restarts
        register                        0       ; DONT REGISTER THIS
DEFINITION - ITS NOT A REAL SERVICE, JUST A TEMPLATE!
        }

# Service definition
define service{
        use                             generic-service         ; Name of
service template to use

        host_name                       comet,elguapo
        service_description             PING
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              3
        normal_check_interval           5
        retry_check_interval            1
        contact_groups                  nt-admins
        notification_interval           120
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            c,r
        check_command                   check_ping!100.0,20%!500.0,60%
        }

# Service definition
define service{
        use                             generic-service         ; Name of
service template to use

        host_name                       comet
        service_description             HTTP
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              3
        normal_check_interval           5
        retry_check_interval            1
        contact_groups                  nt-admins
        notification_interval           120
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            w,u,c,r
        check_command                   check_http
        }

-eric