Distributed Monitoring

Burnson, Richard rburnson at cps.k12.il.us
Fri Jan 3 22:53:21 CET 2003

I am trying to setup distributed monitoring with Nagios 1.0 (Stable) on
RedHat 7.2.  I have the nsca daemon running on the central server, and I
have been able to successfully send a service check result via nsca-send
from the distributed server.  The issue appears to be that the distributed
server is not executing the ocsp_command.  Here are the settings on the
distributed server:

1.	Obsess over services is enabled both globally and per service.
2.	The ocsp_command is defined in nagios.cfg as
ocsp_command=submit_check_result
3.	"submit_check_result" is defined in the command definitions section
exactly from the documentation.
4.	The submit_check_result script was created in the libexec directory
and the command definition points directly to this file.

I can log in as nagios and run the submit_check_result shell script
successfully, and the service check is received by the central server.   It
simply seems to be that Nagios is not executing the ocsp command with every
service check.  I've tried to watch the service check as they happen via the
nagios.log file and even compiled nagios with debug 3.  Is there a better
way to debug this?  Anyone have any ideas on what I may be missing?

Thanks,
Richard