NAgios Setup errors

rvelez rvelez at sunguruz.com
Fri Jan 3 17:07:00 CET 2003

Hi Guys,

   So I got nagios installed fine and started doing some configs.  When i
run /usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios -d /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg I get
this error:

Reading configuration data...

Error: Could not find host 'nsmx1.sunguruz.com'

Error: Could not expand member hosts specified in hostgroup (config file
'/usr/local/nagios/etc/hostgroups.cfg', line 21)

In my hostgroups.cfg i have:

# 'sun-servers' host group definition
define hostgroup{
       hostgroup_name  sun
       alias           Sun-Servers
       contact_groups  SystemAdmins
       members         nsmx1.sunguruz.com
       }

It says I have an error on line 21, but line 21 is the define hostgroup{
piece of it. Here is my hosts.cfg:

# 'sun-servers' host definition
define host{
       host_name               nsmx1.sugnuruz.com
       alias                   nsmx1 Sun Servers
       address                 192.168.0.2
       check_command           check-host-alive
       max_check_attempts      5
       notification_interval   60
       notification_period     24x7
       notification_options    d,u,r
}

IS thier somthing I am missing? Thanks for your help

 -Radames