database support for configuration files? (par t2)

Henry Swanepoel HenryS at discovery.co.za
Fri Feb 28 13:42:59 CET 2003

(part2)

*snip*
> a collegue and i are currently building a webfrontend with database
> backend for the nagios configuration...
> configuration files are generated from the databases with some perl
> scripts ..
*snip*

Hi.

I've been looking at the database issue as well, and have come up with the
attached DB design.  Though I am not a full-time DBA, I haven't been able to
find any hassles with this design yet.  For completeness (and so My boss
doesn't forget about them,) I've added the Nagios tables on the right.

Any comments, suggestions, etc. are welcome. :)

--
Live long and Prosper

====
Henry Swanepoel                       | Office: +27 11 529 1057
Internet Infrastructure Administrator | henrys AT discovery DOT co DOT za
Discovery Health (PTY) Ltd.           | 155 West Street, Sandton, 2146
Reg. #: 1997/13480/07                 | http://www.discoveryhealth.co.za/
====

This message and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for
the
addressee.  If you have received this message in error, please notify
Discovery
Holdings Ltd immediately, telephone number +27-11-529 2888.  Any
unauthorised
use, alteration or dissemination is prohibited.  Discovery Holdings Ltd
accepts
no liability whatsoever for any loss, whether it be direct, indirect or
consequential, arising from information made available and actions resulting
therefrom.