Simplified Status View

Chris Losch Chris.Losch at newham.gov.uk
Fri Feb 28 13:26:08 CET 2003

Funny, I had thought of the group idea, after I sent the original mail,
however I wasn't sure how to go about it.

I have a feeling it won't suit our exact requirements.

We would like the simplest of views - something like

Internal e-mail - Green (Up)
Internet        - Green (Up)
Intranet        - Red (Down) - <Fault/Maintainance reason - possibly ETA for
service recovery>
Network         - Amber (Some issues)
RAS
etc. etc. etc.

Where as Nagios would be the engine to monitor the whole e-mail system -
there are several servers - but we wouldnt want end users seeing all that
information - History suggests they are easily confused and would defeat the
object of this exercise.

I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has implemented the
Postnuke solution, or designed a similar solution to what we are after,
other than that, it will be time to get our Dev section to look at writing
something, when they do, I will be sure to make it available.

As for Postnuke I'll have a dig around in the list archives now I know what
to look for.

Thanks for your time and help,
Chris