database support for configuration files?

Robert S. Galloway securityguy at ikano.com
Thu Feb 27 07:31:28 CET 2003

I would like to see a useful graphical front end as well. I haven't been
able to get Nagat to even display on my box (and I've gotten no responses to
my calls for help). I would suggest that it would be better to not use a
database backend though. I would rather have a front end that parses the
configuration files on the fly. That way you could use either the front end
or manually edit the config files at any time.

My team is working on some perl scripts that build configuration files from
comma and tab delimitated files. I would be happy to make them available if
they would help.

Thanks,

Robert S. Galloway
Chief Network Security Engineer
IKANO Communications
...the Internet branding company
Official Data Networking Services Provider for the
Salt Lake Olympic Winter Games of 2002
securityguy at ikano.com