statusmap.cgi not found (newbie problem)

Chris Gjerde cg at town.los-gatos.ca.us
Thu Feb 27 00:24:52 CET 2003

I'm a newbie, and getting quite confused.  I am happy, because Nagios seems to be working pretty well (host detail and notification OK), except the statusmap will not work.  The statusmap.cgi file does not exist on my system.    When I installed Nagios, I didn't install gd.  I thought that was the problem, so I downloaded 2.0.11, did the config, make, and make install.  That seemed to go OK, but I still don't have statusmap.cgi

(When I click on the "statusmap" link, I get "the requested URL /nagios/cgi-bin/statusmap.cgi was not found on this server")   I get the same things for trends.cgi and histogram.cgi

Can anyone give me some real basic steps on getting these cgi's installed and working?  I've searched thru the faq's, but I'm really new at this and obviously missed something.  Thanks.