availability report has too much "indeterminate"

nagios at bolthole.com nagios at bolthole.com
Wed Feb 26 02:16:46 CET 2003

It seems like every time I'm interested in the service history of anything,
and use the "Service Availability Report", a large chunk of the time is
always blank white, aka "Indeterminate".

I have nagios running all the time. When I make changes, I even make sure
to kill -HUP, rather than restarting it.  So why do I have so much
"indeterminate" space? and more importantly, how can I avoid this?

I'm running nagios release 1.0