Problems Compiling the MySQL and PostgresSQL p lug-in's

Carroll, Jim P [Contractor] jcarro10 at sprintspectrum.com
Tue Feb 25 18:52:17 CET 2003

Was MySQL on the remote system installed as an RPM package?

If so, RPM should alert you if you're about to break any dependencies.

(BTW, if keeping all your RH boxen up on the latest releases of RPMs has
proven to be a PITA, you might want to consider AptRpm from freshrpms.net.
Just a simple "apt-get update; apt-get dist-upgrade -dy" will bring you up
to snuff.)

jc