Maybe a dependency problem, not sure...

Matthieu Parisot mat at avedya.com
Tue Feb 25 12:16:39 CET 2003

Hi list,
I'm using nagios1.0 and I would like to do something, here is the situation:
-We receive messages from operators, on different accounts for the same
operator.
-When we haven't receive messages for a given period of time, the
service goes WARNING or CRITICAL,
depending on the time we havn't receive message
-For the different accounts we have for the same operators, we have
different periods because the activity
is not the same on these different accounts.
-To know if there is a massive problem with a specific operator, I
created what we call metaservices, which is
a boolean operation between the states of a bunch of real services. That
way, I consider CRITICAL my metaservice
when there is no incomming message for every accounts with that operator.
-The problem is that when I don't receive message anymore on the most
trafic generator account,
I got to wait for the less trafic generator account to go CRITICAL or
WARNING so my metaservice goes CRITICAL
and an alert can be sent.
-What I would like to do is :
    -When everything is normal, call periodically plugin A with xxxxA
for arguments and plugin B with xxxxB for arguments
    -When A is going WARNING or CRITICAL, call plugin B with yyyyB for
arguments.
so that I can say : I haven't receive anymessage since 1 hour for the B
account, it's OK if the service related to the A account is OK,
but it's CRITCAL if the A account is WARNING or CRITICAL.
Hope I'm clear enough...

Mat.