monitor mysql server

Rasmus Plewe rplewe at hpce.nec.com
Fri Feb 21 17:59:32 CET 2003

On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 09:40:40AM -0600, Van Zee, Timothy wrote:
> [...]
[...]
>  --
> Karl
>

> Holy Flame!
>
> Sorry to see that not everyone is as wise and knowledgeable as you.

Very few of us are, I would assume.

> Some may be just learning Nagios and maybe even linux on top of that, I
> think we should encourage them rather than try to scare them from ever
> asking a question again.

Karl gave hints on how to find the answer rather than giving the
answer. Mostly it is better to know how to solve a problem than just
getting the solution. What he did was helping Kaplan (and other
readers) to be able to help themselves, and that is a Good Thing.

> Is addition there aren't any easy ways to
> search the mail archives since sourceforge.net seems to not have that as
> a very high priority.

Who was talking about mail archives? That they suck is a known fact.

> If you don't like reading all of the messages to
> nagios-users, then don't.  You subscribed to the list by choice.

You talking about Karl or about Andrew? Because I don't think that one
could call Karl's subscription "by choice", really. Not in the way you
and me have subscribed by choice.

> You could have simply answered "Check out nagios-plugins-1.3.0-beta3
> and look for check_pgsql".

...and got the same question for every existing plugin. This way, as
long as his advice is followed, he is reasonably sure it's about
something that's actually missing (and missed).

Rasmus