check http syntax

Phil Costelloe philc at foundation-it.com
Fri Feb 21 13:13:03 CET 2003

From: Van Zee, Timothy [mailto:T-VANZEE at govst.edu]

>1st, I haven't been able to search the sourceforge.net mail archive, so
>apologies for asking a question that I'm sure has been covered many
times in the
>past.  Is there anywhere else to that archives nagios questions that I
can
>search?

Sourceforge's archives can be frustatingly slow and searching is very
hit and miss. I'm sure that fact alone contributes quite a bit to the
traffic on this list. Gmane is primarily a mail to news gateway but
their web archive is an big improvement over Sourceforge though still
not ideal -
http://news.gmane.org/thread.php?group=gmane.network.nagios.user.

>2nd, in my services.cfg file I using check_http on many different
hosts.  On
>some of the hosts I need to specify a different default path.  At
command line I
>can use /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_http -H 192.168.1.1 -u
/otherpath/ and I
>receive an HTTP ok: HTTP/1.1 200 OK - 0.000 second response time.  How
do I
>append the check_command?  I have tried the following, but the
obviously are not
>correct as they don't work:
>check_command           check_http!-u!/otherpath/
>And
>check_command           check_http!-u /otherpath/
>I can successfully put in the command line surrounded by double quotes,
but I
>wanted to know the proper way to append to the check_http on the
check_command
>line.

Not sure if you've had an answer to this so far. You need to add an
extra argument to the definition of check_http in checkcommands.cfg (or
create a new command so you can still use the original check_http where
that's sufficient):

define command{
        command_name    check_http_pathed
        command_line    $USER1$/check_http -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -u $ARG1$
        }

Then call this as:

check_command           check_http_pathed!/otherpath/

Phil