Using the avail.cgi script for reporting

Williams, P. Lane Lane.Williams at jhuapl.edu
Fri Feb 21 13:16:08 CET 2003

Yes. I did a few things.  First I took at the 'C' code, which was quite time
consuming.  I modified a few lines in the source code of avail.cgi so I
could include time of day when doing queries from the web interface (I
posted those changes on the mailing list a few days ago).  Let me know and I
can forward the revised code.  Anyway, after doing that I ran a few web
queries and then took a look at the apache logs to see exactly what the CGI
was doing.  So then I just took the CGI entries from the apache logs and
added them to my PERL scripts. Basically yes, you can add date ranges in
there as well.  The CGI is fairly flexible, adding PERL to the mix just
makes it even more flexible.  My management is bent on SLA reports as well.
Your apache logs can help greatly when figuring out whats going on with the
cgi's.