cpu utilisation and vmstat like output

Carroll, Jim P [Contractor] jcarro10 at sprintspectrum.com
Thu Feb 20 17:01:08 CET 2003

If one of the existing plugins doesn't do what you'd like to see, of course
you could easily make a wrapper script for vmstat, eg, take "vmstat 2 2 |
tail -1" and take the column(s) you're interested in examining for an
OK/Warning/Critical status.  Just remember that you're limited in how much
data your plugin is allowed to return.  If memory serves, that limit is 384
bytes.

This is actually something (very low on my list of things to do) that I'll
probably do for my Solaris systems.  It would be nice to set a high water
mark for the scan rate.

jc