status.log and nagios.log/status.sav

Babak Pasdar bpasdar at IGXGlobal.com
Wed Feb 19 20:45:39 CET 2003

I must have nagios by immaculate conception then, because everything works fine. All my service and host checks are running web itnerface is accessible and working.

When I do a ps -ax I get:

 1530 ? S  0:01 /usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios -d /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg

However I dont have status.log running on my system,

# ls -al
total 72
drwxrwxr-x    4 nagios   nagios       4096 Feb 19 19:36 .
drwxrwxr-x   16 nagios   nagios       4096 Feb 18 16:54 ..
drwxrwxr-x    2 nagios   nagios       4096 Feb 19 00:00 archives
prw-rw----    1 nagios   nagios          0 Feb 19 19:36 nagios.cmd
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root            5 Feb 19 19:36 nagios.lock
-rw-rw-r--    1 nagios   nagios      20799 Feb 19 19:36 nagios.log
drwxrwsr-x    2 nagios   nagios       4096 Feb 15 04:18 rw
-rw-rw-r--    1 nagios   nagios          0 Feb 19 19:36 status.sav

nagios.cfg config:

status_file=/usr/local/nagios/var/status.log

cgi.cfg config:

nagios_check_command=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nagios /usr/local/nagios/var/status.log 5 '/usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios'

Nagios Startup process:

#/etc/init.d/nagios restart
Running configuration check...done
Stopping network monitor: nagios
Starting network monitor: nagios
  PID TTY          TIME CMD
 6984 ?        00:00:00 nagios
[root at localhost etc]# find / -name status.log
[root at localhost etc]#

as you can see above no status.log generated when nagios starts.

I would appreciate any help.

Babak

--
Babak Pasdar
Founder/CTO

The electronic message that you have received and any attachments are solely intended for the use of the addressee(s) and may contain information that is confidential.

If you receive this email in error, please advise us by responding to NOC at igxglobal.com. You are required to delete the contents and destroy any copies immediately.  IGX Global is not liable for the views expressed in this electronic message or for the consequences of any computer viruses that may be unknowingly transmitted within this message.

This electronic message is also subject to standard copyright/ownership laws. It is not intended to be reproduced, or re-transmitted without the consent of the originator.

www.igxglobal.com