Obsessive Compulsive Problem

Jason Marshall jasonm at kelman.com
Wed Feb 19 16:59:37 CET 2003

> I think the problem you're having (which sounds identical to the one I've
> just wrestled with for the past day and finally fixed) is that you added in
> obsessive checks to an already running Nagios? The obsessive nature of
> service checks is held between restarts. Go to 'Process Info' and issue the
> Process Command "Start Obsessing Over Services" in there. It worked for me.

Oh, would that be on the nagios running on the 'main' server, or the one
running on the 'distributed' server?  If the latter, is there a command I
can cat onto the nagios.cmd fifo to enable it, d'ya know?

---
Jason Marshall, Unix Geek, Kelman Technologies, Inc., Calgary, AB, Canada.

  From a Sun Microsystems bug report (#4102680):
    "Workaround: don't pound on the mouse like a wild monkey."

  "I have great faith in fools:
     Self confidence my friends call it."  -Edgar Allan Poe