Obsessive Compulsive Problem

Jason Marshall jasonm at kelman.com
Tue Feb 18 23:35:41 CET 2003

Hi all, I decided to finally set up a distributed Nagios server to monitor
our other office and report back, rather than all the checks going over
the WAN (which could be down for a moment, as is often the case).

Anyway, I can't get the darned thing to sumit check results to the main
nagios server in this office.  I used to submit_check_result script from
the web page, and it DOES work _for_sure_ when I run it on the
command-line.

I've determined that it's simply never getting called by nagios itself...

I set obsess_over_services=1
I set ocsp_command=submit_check_result

The commands.cfg file knows about submit_check_result, and if I alter the
ocsp_command= line in any way, nagios will no longer start, which would be
correct behavior.

I use templates for all my service checks, and in the active and passive
service templates both, I set obsess_over_service to "1"...

What am I missing?  The distributed-server's status.log indicates that it
IS doing the checks -- the timestamps are current, and the statuses are
all what I'd expect them to be.

Should the status.log even have stuff in it in this case?  Not sure...

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

---
Jason Marshall, Unix Geek, Kelman Technologies, Inc., Calgary, AB, Canada.

  From a Sun Microsystems bug report (#4102680):
    "Workaround: don't pound on the mouse like a wild monkey."

  "I have great faith in fools:
     Self confidence my friends call it."  -Edgar Allan Poe