Problem with check_ftp not closing connection properly?

Dave Alden alden at math.ohio-state.edu
Fri Feb 14 19:54:17 CET 2003

Hi,
  I'm having an odd problem with check_ftp.  For some reason it's leaving
the daemon running on the server after it exits.  If I telnet to port 21
on the ftp server and type "QUIT", the server exits normally.  I have no
other problems (that I know of :-)  with ftp on that machine.  The various
versions are:

  Nagios Server:
    RedHat 8.0
    nagios 1.0
    nagios-plugins 1.3.0-beta2  (mostly, some have been updated from CVS)
      check_tcp version 1.12 (from CVS, 1.3.0-beta2 version also didn't work)

  FTP Server:
    RedHat 7.2
    ProFTPD 1.2.5rc2

...thnx,