timeout issues

Carroll, Jim P [Contractor] jcarro10 at sprintspectrum.com
Fri Feb 14 18:19:49 CET 2003

When that's happened to me in the past, it usually meant that my Nagios host
was working too hard.

I've ended up tuning max_concurrent_checks.  Presently it's set to 300 (down
from an earlier 400, which was set after having problems at one point with
the default of 0).

The other possible problem is network congestion/latency.  If that's not
your problem, refer to the above comment.

jc