more check_citrix confusion

Fri Feb 14 04:16:57 CET 2003

Dear Sir,

On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 06:39:43PM -0500, Jarett DeAngelis wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> As an experiment I changed my test_citrix command so that it took NO arguments from services.cfg.  Instead I just wrote the whole thing out:
>
> command_line $USER1$/check_citrix -C test.host.com -P "App"
>
> And it STILL says "No Output!"
>
> Tried this exact command on the command line su-ed as nagios and it worked fine.
>
> What the heck is going on??
>

>From http://<your_nag_host>/docs/xodtemplate.html#service

check_command:

This is the command that Nagios will run in order to check the status of
the service. There are three command formats that can be used:

 ... snip ..

3. "Raw" Command Line:

You may optionally specify an actual command line to be executed. To do
so you must enclose the entire command line in double quotes. The outer
double quotes will be stripped off before the command is actually
executed. No macros are processed inside of raw command lines.
'

You command  line is wrong.

Try,

command_line "<path_to_plugin>/check_citrix -C test.host.com -P 'App'"

I realise that there may be a problem with the plugin, but doing things
wrongly and being suprised by the outcome is not helpful.

You must be more accurate about your reports. There is _no_ way that you
could have 'Tried this exact command on the command line su-ed as nagios
and it worked fine.'.

I think you meant,

'I tried

<path_to_nag_plugins>/check_citrix -C test.host.com -P "App"

su-ed as Nagios and it worked fine.'

When you arev more careful about what you say, you may find that the
solution to the problem comes to mind.

Characterising and Describing a problem is a good way toward solving it.

Yours sincerely.

Stanley Hopcroft

from Meditation 17, J Donne.