check_nt syntax for USEDDISKSPACE in checkcommand.cfg

joknight at blueyonder.co.uk joknight at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Feb 13 13:56:18 CET 2003

Hi,

I have just set Nagios up and am trying to get the check_nt command configured correctly to monitor diskspace. I have installed the nsclient service on a few NT/2000 servers and have copied the check_nt binary into the libexec directory. I can run the check_nt command with the -v USEDDISKSPACE -l <drive-letter> manually and it reports the free space on the drive with no problems.

When I looked in my checkcommand.cfg there was no entry for check_nt, so I added the following:

define command{
        command_name    check_nt_space_d
        command_line    $USER1$/check_nt -H $HOSTADDRESS -v USEDDISKSPACE -l d
        }

When I add the service to a host it runs but I get 'null' returned. What syntax do I need to use in checkcommand.cfg in order to get this working correctly. I have tried searching for other peoples checkcommand.cfg files on google but have not yet found any.

Many thanks for any help,
Jo