check_citrix doesn't return any data?

Tom DE BLENDE tdeblend at gcc.dhl.com
Thu Feb 13 09:04:08 CET 2003

Dear all,

In times of economical recession, I'm still willing to provide you my
two cents for free.

Stanley Hopcroft wrote:

> > My check definition looks like this:
> >
> > define command{
> > command_name check_citrix
> > command_line $USER1$/check_citrix -C $HOSTADDRESS$ -W $ARG1$ -P $ARG2$
> > }

Here is mine (and working OK with a Citrix XPe farm):

# 'check_citrix_apps' command definition
define command{
        command_name    check_citrix_apps
        command_line    $USER1$/check_cit -W $ARG1$ -P $ARG2$ -L -C
server1 -C server2 -C server3 -C server4 -C server5
        }

> > My service definitions look like this:
> >
> > # Service definition
> > define service{
> >       use                             generic-service         ; Name of service template to use
> >
> >       host_name                       host.example.com
> >       service_description             citrix
> >       is_volatile                     0
> >       check_period                    24x7
> >       max_check_attempts              3
> >       normal_check_interval           3
> >       retry_check_interval            1
> >       contact_groups                  admins
> >       notification_interval           120
> >       notification_period             24x7
> >       notification_options            w,u,c,r
> >       check_command                   check_citrix!"App1","App2"!"App3","App4"
> >       }

Mine:

# Service definition
define service{

        host_name                       farm
        service_description             Citrix Apps
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              2
        normal_check_interval           3
        retry_check_interval            1
        contact_groups                  citrix-admins
        notification_interval           600
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            w,u,c,r
        check_command
check_citrix_apps!"App1","App2","App3"!"App4","App5","App6"
        }

> > What am I doing wrong?
>
> I think the check_command line is wrong in the service definition. I
> suggest either

So, at first glance, it's more or the less the same for the both of
us. It's doubtful that the command_line is wrong...

Is the plugin running fine under the nagios user account? Did you su -
nagios to try that out?

> 1 check_citrix!"App1,App2"!"App3,App4" or
>
> because there is a nasty bug (Thanks !) in check_citrix that makes the
> order of applications important (ie you have to specify the apps in the
> same order as specified in the browse list eg if browse list returns
> them A1,A2,A3,A4,A5 then

Are you sure about this? Look:

[root at netsaint etc]# ../libexec/check_cit -C server1 -W "Trainee
1","Trainee 2"
Ok. Citrix master browser "10.30.66.16" reported that the published
applications "Trainee 1,Trainee 2" are available.
[root at netsaint etc]# ../libexec/check_cit -C server1 -W "Trainee
2","Trainee 1"
Ok. Citrix master browser "10.30.66.16" reported that the published
applications "Trainee 2,Trainee 1" are available.

I'm using:

[root at netsaint etc]# head -n 3 ../libexec/check_cit | tail -n1
# $Id: check_cit,v 1.7.1.1 2002/10/11 11:03:52 root Exp root $

> Are you interested in testing a new version ?

I am :-)

Kind regards,
Tom