Use of ramdisk

Atul Gosain atul at mindsw.com
Thu Feb 13 08:57:47 CET 2003

Hi

Im using Nagios to monitor about 35 hosts and 250 services on my network.
The server is P-3 500Mhz and 256 mb memory running Redhat Linux 7.2 and
kernel version of 2.4.7-10.
The CPU load of the server used for monitoring is increasing day by day.
We have allready tried to optimize the services checks delay etc, but
still there needs to be some optimization.

I have seen the page in the documentation of Nagios about tuning the
performance.
Im left with an option of going for the ramdisk for storing the logs.
Has anybody used Ramdisk before.
What are implications of using ramdisk??
Please advice.

Thanks
Atul.

--