Dans Guardian - Proxy Flitering Software

Robert S. Galloway securityguy at ikano.com
Thu Feb 13 00:41:15 CET 2003

Hello all,

I've tried all of the suggestions posted and am still getting an "HTTP/1.0
400 Bad Request" back. I have verified that the Squid service is running in
forward proxy mode. Unfortunately, I am not as interested in monitoring
squid as I am DG. I've run packet captures on the request and things look
normal, but I keep getting this same error message back.

If anyone has any other ideas I'm happy to try them out. Marc, I think you
mentioned something about modifying the plugin to allow error codes such as
HTTP/1.0 403 to return an OK. I've tested with the DG service shut down and
I get a connection refused, so in this case getting a 400 is a good thing.

I'm not sure if you were referring to modifying the plugin yourself or
asking Karl to, but it seems like it would be a useful thing.

Thanks,

Robert S. Galloway
Chief Network Security Engineer
IKANO Communications
...the Internet branding company
Official Data Networking Services Provider for the
Salt Lake Olympic Winter Games of 2002
securityguy at ikano.com
801-415-8089