check_nt

Pete Dewell pete.dewell at volteurope.com
Wed Feb 12 14:28:13 CET 2003

Hi,

I'm having problems with the pnsclient and check_nt on win2k machines.
I downloaded the latest version (v1071) and installed the win2k binary
on a win2k machine. The check_nt program (v 1.1.2.3) keeps reporting "No
data received from host", but *only* on w2k boxes (I have tried it on
three). It works fine on NT.

Using gdb on check_nt, I can get the client to respond with the right
info. The problem appears to be in the netutils.c file, my_connect
routine, in the actual "result = connect(*sd ..." line. If I "run" gdb
over this line, the connection times out. If I step through the program
& ensure that the line is executed, then the right data is returned, and
check_nt works fine.

Any ideas ? Or preferably, fixes.

Pete Dewell
--