Dans Guardian - Proxy Flitering Software

Marc Powell mpowell at ena.com
Wed Feb 12 06:08:59 CET 2003

I think you're looking for something like this:

# 'check_caching' command definition
define command{
        command_name    check_caching
        command_line    $USER1$/check_http -H $HOSTADDRESS$ --onredirect follow -p 8080 -wt 20 -ct 30 -to 35 -u http://www.cnn.com -s
\/html
        }

You'll need to change your -p flag to match the proxy port on the device you are monitoring and the -u for a URL you want to verify is being served correctly. I've also made some minor changes to check_http that allow me to verify that an HTTP filtering device is returning a 403 Forbidden as it should for blocked sites. I think it really should be a flag to check_http though that 403's can be an OK state and not an automatic warning state.

--
Marc