NRPE vs. check_by_ssh vs. nagios_statd

Steven Grimm koreth-nagios at midwinter.com
Tue Feb 11 20:12:31 CET 2003

Yep, my batch_by_ssh script uses that functionality of check_by_ssh.

When you're checking large numbers of services on a bunch of remote hosts,
and not always the *same* services, constructing monster check_by_ssh
command lines by hand gets a bit tedious and error-prone.  Hence my
script, which is really just an easy-to-administer frontend to
check_by_ssh.

-Steve