Example nagios.cmd file for external commands

Marc Powell mpowell at ena.com
Tue Feb 11 16:32:32 CET 2003

I'm going to be the one to say it. You've got to at least read the
documentation enough to know that the external command file isn't really
a file at all but rather a named pipe and not a configuration file like
nagios.cfg, etc... It's not something that can be 'shared.' The
documentation is very clear and it's very straightforward to set up.
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/extcommands.html. For a very
basic setup you only have 4 bullet points to follow, 3 of which are just
options in nagios.cfg.

Most of the people on this list are very busy and while we are glad to
help whenever it's possible, you can not expect someone on _any_ mailing
list to do your work or basic research for you.

--
Marc