Schedule An Immediate Check - I have rtfm and stfw no help

Carroll, Jim P [Contractor] jcarro10 at sprintspectrum.com
Mon Feb 10 16:46:15 CET 2003

I wasn't too keen on the notion of adding 'nobody' to 'nagiocmd'.  Having
said that, let's move forwards.

To illustrate which usernames should be a member of 'nagiocmd':

$ groups apache nagios
apache : apache nagiocmd
nagios : nagios nagiocmd

I also noticed you have the wrong perms on /usr/local/nagios/var/rw -- try
this:

$ chmod 2770 /usr/local/nagios/var/rw
$ ls -ld /usr/local/nagios/var/rw
drwxrws---    2 nagios   nagiocmd     4096 Feb  7 11:44
/usr/local/nagios/var/rw

You must have done a "chmod 2760" on the 'rw' directory.  You need mode
2770.

Do all this, then restart nagios.  Then do a:

  ls -l /usr/local/nagios/var/rw

and see what nagios.cmd has for permissions.

Everything should be good to go at this point.

jc