nsclient install problem on Solaris8

Willy williamw at xeye.com
Fri Feb 7 21:52:28 CET 2003

I'm running Nagios1.0 on a Ultra5 running Solaris8. I want to use nsclient to monitor Windows NT/2000 servers. After I downloaded nsclient-1.07.1 I found there's only Linux version of check_nt. I only could get check_nt.c from UnixSource folder after I unzipped the file.

I got errors while I complied check_nt.c on my Solaris8 box. It complained about missing "common.h" header file. Can anyone teach/tell me where I can get a compilable check_nt tar ball for Solaris8(sparc) or a executable check_nt for Solaris?

nsclient install document tells me that I need to add some lines into "command.cfg" file. I don't have this file in Nagios configuration folder -- /usr/local/nagios/etc !

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Willy