Inverted Service Check

Paul Neilson slender at rocketmail.com
Thu Feb 6 23:09:07 CET 2003

How do invert a service check?

I have several NT servers which normally have the FTP service turned off,  but
occassionally a sysadmin will turn FTP on so that he can receive some files
from someone else (usually movies or MP#s of course).  That wouldn't be bad,
except that they usually leave FTP turned on with no security.

How do I do check_ftp where off is the "normal" status   and only raise an
alarm if the service is turned on?

Paul Neilson
Development & Support Manager
GMB Research & Development