FW: Nagios to monitor MQSeries

Carroll, Jim P [Contractor] jcarro10 at sprintspectrum.com
Thu Feb 6 19:10:31 CET 2003

MQSeries is similar to but different than SonicMQ.  The latter is a JMS
product by Sonic Software.  The former is an IBM product using a proprietary
standard.

We have both here; I wouldn't mind monitoring both of these natively.

Hm.  We don't seem to have the 'amqsailq' program.  What's the default path
to this?  I didn't find it under /opt/mqm nor under /usr (on Solaris8).

$ pkginfo -l | grep -i mq
   PKGINST:  mqjava
      DESC:  MQSeries classes for Java and MQSeries classes for Java Message
Service
   PKGINST:  mqm
      NAME:  MQSeries for Sun Solaris 2
   PKGINST:  mqm-upd03
      NAME:  MQSeries for Sun Solaris 2 - U478291
   PKGINST:  mqm-upd05
      NAME:  MQSeries for Sun Solaris 2 - U481514

jc