Nrpe and Snmp problems

Jason Schroeder jschroeder at vermeermfg.com
Thu Feb 6 15:56:05 CET 2003

I am running Nagios on a Sun Ultra 10 with Solaris 9 on it.  I have a
remote Sun Ultra 10 with Solaris 8 on it.  I have nrpe 1.8 running on
the remote host, and it uses the check_snmp to query cisco hardware.  I
have it returning the hostname of the router to make sure it is up and
running.  On the remote server the response is "SNMP OK - router1"
(using check_snmp -H router1 -o system.sysName.0 -C public -s router1).
When I run the check_nrpe command from the nagios host, the return is
"SNMP WARNING - router1" (using check_nrpe -H remoteserver -c
check_router1).  All of the information is correct, any idea why the
return info on the nagios host is a warning?  Thanks.

Jason Schroeder, CCNP Certified
jschroeder at vermeermfg.com