Fwd: Plugin Installation - I have rtfm no help2

Atul Gosain atul at mindsw.com
Thu Feb 6 13:18:18 CET 2003

Hi

I would rather advice you to compile it from source. Download the source
from sorceforge and compile it.
libexec is the name of directory inside the nagios directory which
contains the plugins needed for various service checks.  U can change
the name of this directory by changing the $USER1$ variable in the
resources.cfg file in etc directory.

regards
Atul
Raj Mudhar wrote:

>Hi Atul
>
>Ok its intalled the rpm .. i did rpm -qa|grep nagios-plugins and the reply was:
>nagios-plugins-1.3.0-beta2
>
>I did rpm -qil (filename) and it came back with a list of directories and they are all in the usr/lib/nagios/plugins directory apart from some readmes that are in usr/share/doc/
>
>What was all this about the libexec directory? as its not there.. what do i have to do .. has it gone wrong?
>
>Thanks for you initial reply!

>Hi
>
>First check rpm -qa|grep nagios-plugins to see whether its installed or
>not. Most probably it will be installed.
>Ur problem is that tripwire has not made entries for newly installed
>files in its database. For this run tripwire again to make its database
>again. I dont remember the exact syntax.
>For seeing what files are installed by a particular rpm just do rpm -qil
>nagios-plugins-1.3.0-bets2(this name u can get by rpm -qa).
>
>Regards
>Atul
>
>Raj Mudhar wrote:
>

>>Hi again,
>>
>>Just to let you know when i did do the rpm -i (nagios file)  all it said in return was that i had new mail in my var/spool/mail/root
>>
>>when i goto the root file it says that
>>
>>*****error: Tripwire database for Nagtest1 not found ******          (Nagtest1 is my machine name)
>>*****Run /etc/tripwire/twinstall.sh and/or tripwire -init*****
>>
>>Im not sure what this is.. but I dont think the RPM installed at all. :(
>>
>>the command i used is rpm -i nagios-plugins-1.3.0-beta2.i386.rpm and i ran this from  /  (before root where i ran my nagios core prog from)
>>
>>Hope this helps.

Mindframe Software & Services Pvt. Ltd.

A-50, Sector-39,
NOIDA, U.P. - 201301