Nagios and Web Interface

ericblumenau at techtvcorp.com ericblumenau at techtvcorp.com
Wed Feb 5 01:01:03 CET 2003

Greetings all,
I'm having some problems with the web interface and executing
external commands.  I've followed the instructions in the documentation.
  The permissions on the directory that holds the command file are:
drwxrwsr--   2 nagios   nagios       512 Feb  4 15:46 logs

   Here are the permissions for the command file:
prw-rw----   1 nagios   nagios         0 Feb  4 15:44 nagios.cmd

   My apache is running as user nobody.  This user is also a member of
the nagios group.

   I have these two lines in my main Nagios config file:
check_external_commands=1
command_check_interval=20s

   I can tail my command file and see commands entered when I click
through the web interface.  Here is a command that I just sent and
caught in a tail -f:
[1044402248] DISABLE_SVC_NOTIFICATIONS;townsend-edge;Aliveness

   I've certainly waited more than 20s to see the change go through.  In
fact, I haven't seen a change in over an hour.  The mailing-list
archives don't seem to be working and Google has let me down on this.
Is there a known issue on the web interface and external commands?

   If you reply to the nagios list, please cc: me in at
ericblumenau at techtvcorp.com  I don't want to miss your response amongst
the voluminous daily summaries.

Thanks,
Eric

PLEASE NOTE:  This message, including any attachments, may include privileged,
confidential and/or inside information.  Any distribution or use of this
communication by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you are not the intended recipient, please
notify the sender by replying to this message and then delete it from your
system. Thank you.