Network traffic plugin?

Marc Powell mpowell at ena.com
Tue Feb 4 18:57:22 CET 2003

What kind of monitoring are you talking about? Alerting to adverse
conditions or trending? You might want to look at APAN
(http://apan.sourceforge.net/) or Cricket
(http://cricket.sourceforge.net). Cricket is a separate package from
Nagios. If you're wanting to alert to adverse utilization and are using
MRTG to grab that data already check_mrtg or check_mrtgtraf might be
useful to you. If neither of those suit your needs then you'll likely
need to write your own to fit the bill. You'll need to familiarize
yourself with SNMP to get the statistics you need.

--
Marc