Curious what I am doing wrong here

Russ Barnard garet at realtime.net
Tue Feb 4 16:05:52 CET 2003

Guys, hope I am not bothering anyone. I was asked to evaluate this software.
Sure I don't have a doctrine in coding.. but heh.. I need some help here..

I typed the following line as per the instructions:

/configure --prefix=/usr/local/nagios

I took defaults on all of the rest. The end of the compilation even SAYS it
is installed into that dir.. but the directories (bin, etc, sbin, share, var)
do not exist below it. If I do a make install.. then I get the correct result,
but perhaps I am missing something here that you can shed light on.

Thanks
Russ