Running into problems with check_snmp

Kaplan, Andrew H. AHKAPLAN at PARTNERS.ORG
Tue Feb 4 16:20:03 CET 2003

	I am trying to monitor a remote printer with the check_snmp command.
I have installed the net-snmp package
	on the Nagios server. The printer in question has the default
community name of public. When I run the snmpget
	command manually I do get information about the remote host. Here is
the command syntax and its output:

snmpget -v 1 -c public 132.183.220.26 sysDescr.0

		SNMPv2-MIB::sysDescr.0 = STRING: Tektronix, Inc., Phaser
750N, PhaserShare Series B Network Interface, (5.62/11.100/10/2.28)

		The problem I am running into is getting the check_snmp
script to work. When I run it either automatically or manually I get the
message
		SNMP Problem - No Data Received from the host

		Here is the syntax that I used to run check_snmp:

./check_snmp -H 132.183.220.26