vICQ command line notifications

Tom DE BLENDE tdeblend at gcc.dhl.com
Tue Feb 4 09:03:38 CET 2003

Hi,

In the light of the alternative notifications thread, I had a look at
vICQ (the old <icqnumber>@pager.icq.com doesn't seem to work anymore).
While I can send ICQ messages without problems when I'm in a shell,
using that same syntax through Nagios doesn't work.

It's not such a big deal, but maybe I'm overlooking something. Here's
my config:

# 'notify-by-icq' command definition
define command{
        command_name    notify-by-icq
        command_line    /bin/echo -e "msg $CONTACTPAGER$\n *****
Nagios 1.0 *****\n\nNotification Type: $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$\n\nServic
e: $SERVICEDESC$\nHost: $HOSTALIAS$\nAddress: $HOSTADDRESS$\nState:
$SERVICESTATE$\n\nDate/Time: $DATETIME$\n\nAdditional Info:\n\n$
OUTPUT$ \n." | /usr/local/bin/vicq -o -b
        }

When I redirect the output to a text file instead of vicq, it looks
fine:

[root at netsaint etc]# cat /tmp/vicq.log
msg 123456
 ***** Nagios 1.0 *****

Notification Type: PROBLEM

Service: NetShield