host - a service

Jason Burnett jason at cannonfodder.org
Tue Feb 4 04:51:41 CET 2003

is there any way to tell a host to ignore one of the tests assigned to
it's hostgroup?
example:

define hostgroup{
        hostgroup_name  neospire-virtuals-apache
        alias           Neospire Apache & Zeus webservers
        contact_groups  admins
        members         one,two,linux1
}
define service{
        hostgroup_name                  neo-vs-web-apache
        service_description             SSH
}

define host{
#server only runs telnet
    host_name       linux1
    check_command   **IGNORE SSH**
}
What I am looking for is an easy way to standardize tests across groups,
but as always there are exceptions and I need to be able to tell a
certain host to ignore certain tests inherited from it's group.

oh and before anyone starts chastising me, I dont actually run telnet on
any of my servers.